Great opportunity to join a Global Bank as part of the Financial Crime Planning & Middle-Office (FCMO) Team.
Purpose of Role:
- To support the Planning Team Section Manager in ensuring that the Planning team meet all their daily tasks and are correctly prioritizing project and change initiatives, based on agreed priorities and deadlines.
- To ensure the control and centralisation of FCMO procedures, and Management information reporting across EMEA.
- Review and control IT upgrades and enhancements for FCMO, ensuring that they have successfully completed user acceptance testing and that any procedural or training requirements have been completed.
- To participate and when required lead, from an FCMO perspective, projects or change initiatives, ensuring that FCMO have the required resources to complete the tasks by the deadlines required.
- The purpose of this role is to support the FCMO planning team section manager, and ensure that all tasks in relation to projects, change initiatives, MI, procedures and reporting are completed as required. This includes:
- Assisting in the Co-ordination of FCMO Governance meeting and the preparation of the meeting materials.
- To regularly meet with the FO teams to understand their onboarding pipeline and future growth, due to business development or new business line to be introduced. This should be documented and presented to OAD senior management for resource allocation considerations and recommendations as to where the current process and procedure may need to be revised.
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency, and centralisation of EMEA FCMO MI reporting.
- To assist and where required lead change management across the EMEA FCMO team, including Kaizen (change initiatives) to enhance current practices and meet business requirements.
- Assess and manage Audit and CMP findings across the sections providing management with root cause analysis and plans to mitigate repetition of future failings. Where deemed necessary, ensure relevant training is provided and procedural documents updated.
- Centralise and manage the EMEA FCMO procedures across the region, ensuring consistency, clarity and updates are completed as required.
- Regular meeting with IT stakeholders to discuss the IT pipeline of works and assess the impacts to the FCMO team from a procedural and resource impact.
- Manage responses to internal queries coming into FCMO from external departments and the escalation of issues being raised to FCMO management
- This role will also engage regularly with the senior management team and EMEA FCMO team heads to provide MI and to provide project updates.
- The role will have regular interaction with the Front-Office teams to document business requirements and to ensure their change requests are prioritised and managed accordingly
- This role will work closely with all the FCMO regional heads to ensure the smooth implementation of change initiatives across the teams, and the centralisation and ownership of the section's procedures.
- The role will have regular contact with the CPD team to understand future requirements, regulatory change and to understand current concerns or trends being noted that required feedback from FCMO.
- The role will meet regularly with peers within IT to understand their development pipeline, planning of system upgrades or future developments to support FCMO business.
- This role will also conduct regular meetings with FCMO system vendors to discuss future development to, system upgrades and market trends.
- Responsible for direct updates to Senior OAD / FCMO management on ongoing initiatives, incidents, projects, and reporting tasks.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Devise and present solutions for consideration to aide workload and headcount management.
- Responsible for Committee and Steerco paperwork submissions ensuring accurate and transparent reporting highlighting key risk areas.
- Represent the section at a regional level in relation to Bank lead initiatives / Projects. Act as an FCMO SME during discussions articulating impact to systems and process design.
- Use influence to ensure alignment and agreement from all stakeholders in relation to FCMO change initiatives. Act as a liaison between FCMO and IT, ensuring testing schedules and development work is prioritised and implementation targets are met.
- To review and approve procedures for the EMEA FCMO teams ensuring timeliness of review and accuracy in relation to current process.
- Assist in the coordination of the FCMO Governance meeting and the creation of a Governance MI pack
- To review of all Audit / CMP findings and propose mitigating controls / changes across the section to minimize the repetition of these failures in the future.
- Central point of contact for EMEA FCMO for all external departments for escalation to FCMO of issues, new policies, and change requests, so they can be assessed and managed internally with the relevant staff.
- Manage external vendor relationships for FCMO and act as a point of contact to work with them to understand forthcoming upgrades / system development and change initiatives being seen within the market.
- Respond to request for information from CPD and external departments.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements and new task assignment. Able to prioritise and manage several competing priorities at once.
- Self-motivated to continually improve existing practices and able to lead others to see the changes implemented.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills to enable internal or bank wide initiative delivery.
- Excellent communication and networking skills across all levels of the organisation to assist in driving consensus and assisting the implementation of key FCMO deliverables.
- Excellent previous Financial Crime experience within Financial Institutions, especially within the KYC / AML operating model.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to make connections, highlight scenarios that may need senior management interventions and drive changes through objective and unbiased recommendation.