Risk Manager, Enterprise Risk & Frameworks
Our client, a large & prominent law firm is currently hiring an Enterprise Risk Manager to compliment the existing growing team.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone from a Big 4 Consulting Firm at ideally Manager level who is looking to make the move into industry as the role is very broad with senior stakeholder interaction to Chairman level.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain the enterprise risk management framework to ensure consistent adherence and application across the Firm.
- Engage with all business and operational areas across the International Firm to identify and assess their individual risks and controls.
- Manage and develop a centralised risk register system to capture and report all identified risks and controls.
- Define and report business-relevant Key Risk Indicators and metrics to quantify and monitor the level of risk exposure over time.
- Develop dedicated risk reporting MI for the senior governance forums of The Firm including the Executive, Board and Risk Committee.
- Develop and assess the risk appetite and tolerance of The Firm in line with the Executive and Board.
- Establish the internal processes, templates and artefacts of the new Risk Management team for The Firm.
- Work in a collaborative manner with both the Risk & Internal Audit and Information Security & Resilience teams to ensure a consistent approach to risk management, internal controls and assurance is maintained throughout The Firm.
- A risk management professional with direct advisory or audit experience from either a Big 4 Accounting Firm or Management Consultancy; minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of enterprise risk management frameworks
- Practical knowledge and experience of enterprise risk management methodologies, including risk identification, analysis, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in the application and continuous development of risk management systems and registers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, skilled at compiling risk reports and presentations.
- Experience of working effectively with cross-functional areas within a matrix structure.
- Be a self-starter who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team.
- A relationship builder able to influence a diverse stakeholder group across international locations.
- Possesses a high level of commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous situations, demonstrating a flexible and collaborative working style.
- High level of professionalism and personal accountability.