One of London's biggest Airports is seeking an experienced Retail Account Manager to join their team. This is a 6 month contract with hybrid working. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Trading Manager within Retail, Food and Beverage, FMCG or a Supermarket background. The candidate must be confident, resilient, analytical and have excellent communication skills.
Work with Retail Business Partners within the Bureaux, Essentials, Tech and F&B and internal stakeholders, to maximise sales and passenger experience from all Retail shop units and commercial services in the terminal. Understand the key drivers of performance and plan/report against them using all available data tools, to include but not limited to sales vs budget, Spend per Passenger, H&S audit results, Mystery Shopper, QSM (where appropriate).
- Ensure all Business Partners operate within all airports Fire and H&S policies
- To develop retail action plans for accounts to achieve financial Business Plan targets working with Senior Account Managers to agree these.
- To ensure business partners are working within the parameters of our vision, to give passengers the best airport service in the world.
- Identify and incorporate new opportunities, operational activities and work streams that maximise sales and service opportunities.
- Support Standards and Service initiatives set out by the Company (Retail Manager/ Terminal Operations/ Services
- To deliver safe, efficient and security compliant retail activity, influencing business partners to adopt efficient safe and secure practices.
- To maximise business partners' sales through developing and managing the local and head office relationship with our retail partners
- To be the expert on the factors impacting on retailing in your accounts.
- Keeping abreast of all Terminal developments and projects to identify and implement tactical opportunities, marketing promotions and joint initiatives to increase average transaction value.
- To work closely with Retail Development and Project teams to ensure the delivery of both minor and strategic Terminal Retail projects on time and on budget. Managing timely and correct communications to necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within airport Retail or a high street/travel hub retail operations environment.
- Experience delivering projects which drive sales and passenger experience.
- Clear communicator and influencer: experience at influencing key decision makers and communicating with confidence at all levels.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Proficient on Excel and PowerPoint and using spreadsheets to manage large amounts of data.
- Proven influencing skills in a commercial and/or operational environment.
- Knowledge of the airport retail operation and strategic drivers behind the airport business.
- Ability to deliver challenging and demanding targets as well as being able to identify new tactical opportunities to grow revenue.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- People & relationship skills
- Highly self-motivated and team player.