Accountabilities & Responsibilities
This role reports into the EMEA Deputy Head of Procurement and is responsible for IT, Market Data and Professional Services
- Act as a procurement business partner, build and maintain strong relationships and credibility with the business so that the category management team is acknowledged as a clear benefit.
- Spend data gathering and analysis to re-affirm saving opportunities are realistic and achievable for the assigned spend categories.
- Undertake supplier market analysis, prepare and run RFP for the responsible spend categories and identified saving opportunities.
- Support commercial and contracts negotiation; including ongoing contract administration of all managed contracts within category, ensuring the contracted service continues to meet business requirements and contracts are reflective of the service delivered and are in line with the contracting policy
- Proactive management of relationships with suppliers following the Procurement policy and governance forums, identifying opportunities for innovation, growth, reduced cost to drive further value
- Support on ad hoc requirements as assigned.
- Must be willing to be hands on and support procurement colleagues
|Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications|
- Excellent knowledge and experience in IT, Market Data, Professional Services
- Demonstrable, detailed understanding of key suppliers and supply market dynamics of the category to be managed
- Proven track record of delivering savings
- Strong commercial acumen on responsible categories essential
- Organisational awareness, strategic thinking and managing of complex Procurement projects and engagements
- Affinity & adaptability to working with colleagues, stakeholders, and supply partners in different cultures across the Group to ensure adequate success
- Demonstrable experience in running tender process
- Strong business awareness, researching, investigating and problem solving.
- Ability to manage contracts and ensure delivery to performance targets
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to deliver within set time frames to the highest quality
- Evidence of experience in stakeholder engagement and management, persuasive communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with Procurement Source-to-Pay technology solutions/systems, Coupa an advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Visio), including but not limited to ability to analyse data using pivots and V-Lookups
- Ability to perform business process and impact analysis
|Challenges (This section is optional)|
- Undertaking a significant change on procurement which will introduce changes in people, process and systems which will create uncertainty.
- Maintain credibility and relevance with businesses so that procurement team becomes true business partners and acknowledged as a clear benefit.