Location : Birmingham
Salary: £38K depending on experience
Hybrid working ( 2 days per month office based )
Working in a payroll team of 8 the main duties are:
- End to end processing of 16 payrolls across the UK and Eire
- Management and distribution of interface error reports and all other audit reports
- Full reconciliation of the monthly payrolls, preparation of pay release reports and variance commentary for payroll signatories.
- Management of the payroll bank account, cash book, debtor adjust and faster payments
- All Costing, Payroll and Finance Reporting
- Pension Control management and reporting to pension provider including management of refunds
- Monthly reconciliation of the Full Payment Submission (FPS) and Employment Payment Summary (EPS) provided to HMRC by the outsourced payroll provider
- Lead contact for all payroll queries from payees, internal clients and HMRC
- Take a proactive role in the sharing of knowledge throughout the team
- Commit to own personal development and completion of appropriate learning and development activities to ensure capability and skills are current
Skills/Experience must haves:
- Experienced at dealing with a high volume of data.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of large-scale payrolls across a complex matrix organisation - 5000+ employees.
- Excel skills must include VLOOK UP and pivot tables.
- Ability to manage your own workload.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Hands on experience of delivering an in-house payroll or working for a managed service payroll provider
- A detailed understanding of PAYE, HMRC regulations including SSP, SMP, NMW, RTI and Tax/NI e.g., Tax code interpretation, gross to net calculation
- Experience of and delivering via 3rd party providers
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Desired but not essential experience:
- Knowledge of salary sacrifice, flexible benefits and P11D
- Experience of Expatriate Payrolls
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of operational HR systems e.g., SAP Success Factors and the work force administration life cycle