A leading company who provides exquisite office spaces within the UK are seeking a Building Manager for one of their London offices. The Building Manager is responsible for all aspects of running an efficient, safe and profitable building whilst focusing on the company's key objective of providing exceptional customer service for new clients and our members. You are responsible for the day-to-day management of your team within the building, ensuring that ongoing support and training is delivered to enable each team member to maximise their individual potential and exceed your members journey.
- Support member connections through meaningful events and genuine worthwhile introductions; instilling a sense of community within the building and among the wider company community.
- Ensure your building is staffed appropriately at all levels, managing annual leave as one team
- Reinforce great behaviour that falls in line with the expectations of our core competencies, using these as a gauge for succession planning and training your team to grow their careers within the company.
- Carry out regular building walks to generate the achievement of high visual standards across all areas in accordance with the building standards checklist. Report any maintenance or facilities issues in a timely manner and follow up accordingly with clients. Work closely with maintenance, facilities and cleaning teams through the effective use of the Freshdesk platform to upkeep the building in line with the desired standards levels
- Accountable for end to end member experience at building level ensuring building teams are exceeding in member experience service expectations at all times. Provide excellent meeting room service and hospitality ensuring all guest and members receive outstanding service. Oversee member on-boarding and off-boarding to ensure a smooth and seamless welcome and departure using the move in and out checklists. Arrange quarterly client catch ups to review service, respond to comments raised and action constructive feedback
- Ensure that both you and your building team are knowledgeable and trained on all company products so you can confidently translate its value to your clients and members.
- Responsible for achieving your building mystery shop and member survey expectations, implementing action plans to achieve objectives set in collaboration with your district manager
- On site team management including arranging daily plans and schedules, overseeing opening and closing procedures, conducting morning meetings and monthly team meetings. Conduct probation reviews, appraisal meetings, objective setting, managing sickness and absence. Carry out regular one to one meetings with the team, training all new starters on process, procedures and expectations using the 8-week training plan. Manage the building rota incorporating leave and absence and conduct disciplinary/formal investigations as directed by and in liaison with the People team. Responsible for on-site resourcing including conducting interviews for available roles within your building
- Troubleshooting day to day IT & Telcoms issues, escalating where appropriate and ensure their full resolution
- Promoting sustainability within the building in accordance with the company sustainable initiatives. Generate ideas and initiatives to drive a constant improvement plan for ecological practices
- Ensure client file data meets compliance standards and is captured in line with regulations including both company policies and legal requirements.
- Actioning the complete PO system (including raising, sending and receipting PO's in a timely manner), submitting and approving recharges prior to the monthly deadline, petty cash card management and submitting overtime forms. In conjunction with the Billing Co-ordinator provide documentation (Licence agreements and direct debit forms, when appropriate), accurate information and detailed correspondence surrounding invoicing and billing
- Arrange client alterations when required using the Freshdesk platform and ensuring correct information is supplied to both the alterations team and the client using the client sign off form.
- Ensure that the statutory and company Health and Safety standards and obligations are adhered to for all people in the building. This includes accident reporting, managing fire evacuations, performing client inductions and conducting regular Health and Safety checks.
- Manage adherence to the building security measures including safe storage of access keys and cards, cancelling lost/old access cards, checking access control doors, building walks as part of the closing procedure
- Creating an exceptional building environment each and every day that supports members personal and professional needs
Knowledge and experience
· MS Office, in particular Word and Excel
· Service Industry/customer facing experience
Health and Safety Regulations knowledge to building standards level
Job specific and technical skills
Extensive member facing engagement and customer service
Previous exposure to HR process adherence and people management