Trade Compliance Associate
This position will assist the Special Programs / Exports - Trade Compliance Analyst in activities to ensure compliance with customs laws and regulations. The position will audit, maintain records, and perform activities associated with the Company's various Customs initiatives throughout Europe.
- Ensure accurate record keeping and processes are in places to maintain Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status.
- Audit commercial documents for previous financial periods.
- Identify issues with incorrect documentation, follow the establish process to review in order to mitigate duty overpayments.
- Assist with monthly audits.
- Other duties, as required-/assigned
This position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks. The post holder is expected to work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Analytical skills
- Efficient time management.
- Experience of using SAP systems.
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and within specified time frames, with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proficient in dealing with large Excel, XML files and Data Analysis.
- Experience of working in shipping/logistics/customs would be an advantage.
- Normal office environment, some travel may be required.