.SENIOR IT SERVICE DESK ENGINEER
Our client, a wonderful private bank, are currently looking for a temporary IT Service Desk Engineer to form part of the service desk team in London. You will primarily support employees within that office but also offer broader support remotely across the bank. You will provide a broad range of support including 1st line, break/fix, onboarding, leavers, and meeting room equipment support.
This role provides exemplary service to our colleagues across the business to ensure their IT needs are resolved swiftly and is therefore fully onsite. As London is one of the smaller offices, you will need to be a self-starter able to prioritise effectively and manage your own workloadThis is an interim role while they are looking for a permanent hire.
The permanent position offers a salary of up to £42,000 per annum. In addition, you will receive 25 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays). You will have access to a variety of other benefits including free medical insurance, pension scheme, and a range of discounts and benefits through our Reward Gateway platform.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Respond to incidents and service requests via telephone, email, and self-service portal within the agreed timescales.
- Meticulously manage our assets in the estate.
- Manage the identification of root cause analysis techniques for problem tickets.
- Assist in the management of ongoing major incidents.
- Contribute to wider Technology and IT Services' team initiatives, projects and service improvements, targeting service improvements.
- Mentor other team members assisting with ticket escalations.
- Assisting in service readiness for new technology introductions.
- Prepare written documentation and communication including user guides.
- Champion the IT team and business alike.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in a similar role.
- Use of Active Directory - Users, Groups, Devices.
- Remote control tools such as TeamViewer.
- Familiarity of Service Desk technologies including the day-to-day use of ITSM toolsets.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows OS, and business applications including Office.
- Make use of and contribute to internal and customer facing knowledge articles.
- Exposure to modern technologies, would be advantageous.
- Foundational understanding of networking technologies within a SME environment.
- Fundamental understanding of GDPR & IT Security.
Desirable ( not essential)
- ITIL Foundation certificate
- Prior exposure to financial sector.
- ServiceNow experience.
- Prior exposure to M365 environment - endpoint (Intune), auto pilot etc.
- Exposure/support of conference room systems.