We are working on a superb opportunity for a HR professional to join a global law firm. This firm attracts some of the brightest legal professionals within the industry and continues to be a leader within their field offering legal services across a wide range of areas.
We are recruiting for multiple locations across the UK to focus on providing HR advice and support to managers, partners, leaders and employees UK wide. As HR Advisor you will work closely with teams to deliver HR services including coaching and managing all ER cases from performance improvement, redundancy, disciplinarians etc. You will also have the opportunity to work on some projects and support the Business Partners as required.
- Confidently provide expert, commercial and best practice HR advice to all stakeholders, including managers, HR Business Partners and business leaders, acting as a key decision maker within the process and effectively striking the right balance between commercial and reputational risks and doing the right thing by the employee
- Apply expertise and judgement to complex and demanding ER cases and identify and communicate any significant ER risks to the HR Business Advisory Team Manager or HR Business Partners
- Manage sensitive and complex family leave cases, working in conjunction with the employee and the business to provide appropriate support
- Work as part of the UK HR Business Advisory Team to ensure all cases are managed in accordance with policies and procedures. Where a clear process is not established, investigate accordingly and make best practice decisions which ensure potential risks are mititgated. Actively share knowledge and best practice to maintain consistency of approach across the team
- Actively contribute to the HR Transformation project by inputting into process development discussions and supporting the knowledge transfer to the HR Shared Service Centre
- Pro-actively identify and develop process improvements suggestions within day to day work and work in conjunction with the HR Business Advisory Team Manager to implement changes effectively
- Deliver manager upskilling training across the UK
- Identify skill gaps and training needs required amongst the line manager population and develop appropriate solutions to upskill accordingly
- Work in close partnership across the broader HR Function, including our HR Shared Service Centre based in Poland, to deliver a seamless HR service to the business
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and work in conjunction with HR Business Advisory Team Manager to update HR policies and processes accordingly to ensure advice is delivered in line with best practice
With a strong national presence, this role can be based in multiple locations however the preferred location is Birmingham, candidates from Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester will also be considered. This firm is a promoter of work life balance and flexibility offering 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
To be successful for the role you will have excellent understanding of HR Advisory work within large organisation and have worked in a similar industry ideally. Be a proven and experienced HR professional who has managed and made key decisions on ER cases without supervision. Be someone who is confident at influencing across management and be able to provide sound HR advices whilst achieving business aims and objectives.