Role: Hospitality Assistant
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 - dependant on experience
Location: City Of London
We're looking for a Hospitality Assistant to join our client a leading Insurance Group in London. Reporting to the Executive Service Hospitality Lead, you will provide the highest standard of food, beverage and associated service to all hospitality customers and assist with the preparation, presentation, service delivery of the catering requirement of the site to the company's standard and the client's satisfaction.
To assist as directed with all aspects of food service; ordering, preparation, and stock control for example:
- Ensure all counter, and tables are set up prior to service time
- Ensure all different services are all stocked up and in functioning order
- To assist with basic food preparation
- Ensure the service area are clean and tidy at all times
- To clean and clear down the all food service areas
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is followed in accordance to C.O.S.H.H regulations
- To create, maintain and enhance effective customer relationships, which includes team members, the Client and individuals in the external environment.
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is used at all times always putting our customers first and before tasks
- Ensure all customers are served in a friendly and efficient manner with a welcome, smile and parting thank you
- Ensure all comments and complaints are dealt with according to our way and feedback is passed on immediately to the manager
- To support the client and service department in the day to day business.
- To communicate with client and service team, the hospitality team in organizing the daily set ups.
What do we need from you?
- Previous hospitality experience - at least 2 years' experience of working within a customer-facing environment.
- Trained in manual handling and safe methods of working.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- The willingness to strive for excellence even at busy times
- Self-motivated, excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with demanding customers
- To be work under your own initiative able to respond to many requests and at times work under pressure to ensure customer requirements are met
Desirable - Knowledge of room booking systems