This role will be positioned within the Finance Transformation/Innovation team. The role will help to drive the programme of end-to-end reviews including global finance processes; R2R, P2P, O2C, Master data management, along with Planning, Management reporting, and Allocations. The role will assist in the design of the Finance Target Operating Model (TOM) and assist with delivery of the programme at pace. Initially working on the scoping activities, the role will then play a significant part in the preparation and execution of the design workshops.
The client is undertaking a Finance Transformation programme, which will play an important, central role in enabling delivery of the vision and strategic plan through leading the integration and effective management of Finance processes, information, organisation, and technology. To play an important part in building and delivering the Finance Target Operating Model (TOM) design, and Finance strategy.
- Establish a standardised delivery project management framework & process(es) end-to-end from pipeline through to post-contract evaluation,
- Establish, and put in place, the governance for process ownership and accountability before and after the transition to BAU,
- Document the current processes, identify detailed business requirements, undertake critical review and analysis and support development of future improved end-to-end global standardised finance processes,
- Provide analysis of what RACI (Responsibility, Accountability, Consulted and Informed) element is applicable and what Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are required for each process (manual or automated),
- Prepare and maintain plans for each deliverable, with support from the Global Process Owner,
- Identify key cross-workstream dependencies, and work constructively to deliver accordingly,
- Manage change control including the identification of the 'knock-on' impacts of any changes to the design or implementation timing and ensuring that all changes go through the required governance and approval processes,
- Complete all documentation of the 'to be' process
- Manage and support the transition of the 'to be' process to BAU
Relationship & Stakeholder Management:
- Involve all relevant stakeholders in the development of the 'to be' design and getting sign-off of that design through the change control governance process,
- Deliver the agreed workstream deliverables to the agreed design to time and quality. This includes the development of all the relevant and necessary training materials, communications and documentation for end-users,
- Ensure changes are communicated and training given to the right target audience / user base,
- Provide regular workstream updates and inputs into Senior Finance Leadership Team, Finance Innovation team & key Stakeholders
- Identify and record key risks and issues, working to resolve the issues with the stakeholders and escalating to the Finance Innovation programme where appropriate.
- Experience of SAP System(s)
- Experience of financial process improvement, process mapping, developing RACI charts and KPIs, controls & risks.
- Analytical skills/experience.
- Operating in international and multi-cultural organisations.
- Flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders in multiple locations.
- Experience of Microsoft tools including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, MS Project and Sharepoint.
- Excellent communication skills - experience of conveying complex information in an easy to understand way.
- Define strategy, set priorities and standards for the documentation of global processes
- Set up business processes to deliver successful outcomes, assessing effectiveness and reviewing performance measures
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for synergy and integration of processes, driving opportunities for integration, standardisation, simplification and sustainability
- Design procedures for the governance of process changes and the management of exceptions
- Design processes to ensure that significant financial risks are identified and reported
- Design risk mitigating actions that are practical and proportionate
- Work with Global Information Systems and stakeholders to identify and maximise technology appropriate to the business context
- Work with the business to ensure system changes are embedded, resolving issues with key stakeholders to ensure processes are optimised