Finance and Control - VBA Developer - Vice President
A temporary resource required to look at areas where low level automation through visual basic tools could be used to reduce the level of manual work.
As part of its EASy (Eliminate, Automate, Simplify) initiative, undertaking a process to improve BAU procedures by automation and analytics.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
F&C Income team is looking for a proactive, passionate and analytical professional VBA developer to join the team in a challenging environment. Finance is one of the core departments in providing and supporting the executive management of all business processes within the business. An individual with full experience in completing work of this nature in a large Banking organisation is required along with up to date business analytical knowledge. Responsibilities to include:
- The main purpose of the role is to take responsibility for writing VBA code to replace a number of identified manual processes (month end, quarter end tasks) operated by the PD F&C Income reporting team within Finance.
- Build through automation the current procedures and manual processes.
- Develop MI data solutions for BAU changes using a variety of technical and analytical skills.
- Work with Finance managers to develop best practice methods for forecasting, modelling and related data templates.
- Articulate technical knowledge with other team members in a range of skills and technologies to support future operational ownership.
- Ensure the improvements comply with guidelines and are user friendly.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems and conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Assist in designing, testing, and implementing specific database and spreadsheet structural changes.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated.
- Experience dealing with large data sources.
- An experienced Developer adept at using a mix of technologies ideally with advanced programming experience Excel VBA and very good knowledge of MS Access and SQL.
- Collect and connect data across the databases and information sources. Interact with business area management, and corporate business analysts to ensure operational delivery support services.
- Ownership of deliverables and ability to set out implementation plans.
- Business Testing experience and some exposure with Power BI and similar tools.
- Proven track record in building relationships with stakeholder (both internal and external).
- Observes the conduct rules and standards and maintains high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity.