If you have customs administration experience and would like to work in a deligfully warm but professional environment , then this may be a wonderful opportunity for you!
This is a really good opportunity working for an extremely successful company who we have worked with for over 10 years.
Customs Administrative Assistant
This position will assist the Customs Compliance Support Coordinator and Senior European Trade Compliance Specialist in import and export activities to ensure compliance with customs laws and regulations. The position will audit, maintain records and perform activities associated with the Company's various Customs initiatives throughout Europe.
- Assist in processing customs bonded warehouse movements and ensure accurate timely filing of storage, re-export, import and transit declarations to meet logistics delivery schedules within our SLA's.
- Ensure accurate record keeping and processes are in places to maintain Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status.
- Audit commercial documents prior to export AES filings.
- Identify issues with incorrect documentation and follow process in order to correct.
- Assist with monthly audits.
- Assist in updating the Company's compliance policy and procedure manual.
- Other duties, as required-/assigned
This position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks. The post holder is expected to work flexibly and respond positively to changing business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage own time
- Experience of using SAP systems
- Proactively seeks out and recommends improvements in current processes
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and within specified time frames, with minimal supervision and direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications ideally with advanced MS Excel
- Experience of working in shipping/logistics/customs with an understanding of inbound and outbound shipping an advantage.
- A European language would be a desirable but not essential
- Normal office environment, some travel may be required.