Our client, a prominent African Bank is looking for a Credit Strategist to join the team and work closely with the front-office traders and portfolio managers.
The ideal candidate needs to have had experience working for a credit rating agency such as Moody's or Fitch as well as knowledge and passion for the African market.
Primary responsibility for the credit review and analytical engagement of new and existing credit risk within the Treasury Investment and Trading Portfolios.
Work with the current investment team to review and allocate investments within their existing portfolios and limits:
o Core Treasury
o Available for sales and hold to Maturity Portfolios.
o Alternate and Arbitrage Portfolios
o Sales and Trading business
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5 years of Credit Analysis experience. Preferably for/understanding a Credit Rating Agency.
· CA and/or CFA would be advantageous.
· Credit ratings, process and methodologies experience. Experience in credit market strategy and positioning.
· Portfolio management experience would be advantageous.
· Experience in engaging with Front Office Traders and
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Business results and customer service focused.
· Credit, Fixed Income, Credit Derivatives and Bonds Product.
· Cross functional and commercial awareness.
· Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
· Interpersonal sensitivity.
· Flexible and works well within a team.
- Core interest to Africa would provide an advantage.
Individual Conduct Rules under SMR
- You must act with integrity;
· You must act with due skill, care and diligence;
· You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators;
· You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly;
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.