Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Day to day duties will include conducting Client Due Diligence (CDD) at both on-boarding and on-going review stages under the guidance of QC/Head ofCDD. This will involve completion of:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) checks; o Conducting sanction screenings;
- Conducting Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) assessments;
- Conducting adverse media screening to identify if client has any material / immaterial adverse information found;
- Completing the relevant checklists and forms.
- Working alongside Relationship managers / Compliance Department, compile and complete KYC pack for both on boarding and on-going clients.
- Working on various entity types such as, Trust, Foundations, LLPs, LLC, Funds / Hedge Funds, Charities, SPV/SPE and complex ownership structures.
- Ensure detailed and accurate audit trails are maintained in all cases starting from the initial KYC to full completion.
- Ensure customer details and accounts are set up on all applicable systems and spreadsheets once KYC has been completed.
- Carrying out MiFID classifications on new, on-going and remediation clients in accordance with the product and client type.
- Ensure the AEoI information is accurately recorded and that appropriate rationales are applied to KYC packs and customer accounts.
- Timely execution of instructions received from Head of CDD
- Communicating the status to relevant internal and external parties.
- Following up with clients in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- Additional duties may include businesses requirements as asked by Head of CDD from time to time.
- Conducting CDD at Client on-boarding, on-going and remediation review stages; depending on the workload and priority order.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Managing and maintaining the quality of work.
- Managing and maintaining the productivity of work. Professional conduct and co-operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe; Excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities;
- Highly organized individual with great attention to detail;
- A decisive individual with analytical skills who is energetic and results driven;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal & cross-border stakeholder skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Good typing and numeric key entry skills.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in performing aKYC /KYB Checks within theCDD function; and should have at least 3 years of experience in each of the following:
- Conducting Adverse and Sanctions screening;
- Conducting due diligence on entity types such as, Funds, SPVs, Trusts, Foundations, Charities and LLPs; and o Conducting PEP classification.
- Proven experience in On-boarding SPV's, Funds, Charities, Foundation, SWF, State Owned and Supranational Entities, Trade Finance and Correspondent Banking;
- An understanding of organisational structures and experience of the breadth of AML requirements for a range of corporate and FI entities both in the UK and overseas is essential; and
CDD/KYC/Financial Crime Prevention related certification preferred.