Our client a multinational world-renowned household name are seeking an Assistant Underwriter with Real estate experience. The principle purpose of the role is to develop new business and use in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market to arrange suitable insurance policies for the clients and advice clients on making a claim and their risk management.
- Develop business relationships and networking with the Company's business partners (brokers, agents and intermediaries).
- Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients including scheduling and attending meetings and understanding the nature of their business.
- Understand specific accounts in order to assist Underwriters and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with Underwriters to support the portfolios and increase technical underwriting knowledge.
- Assist Underwriters with business development and market intelligence research.
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of data, completing regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Adhere to underwriting standards, authority and good practice to minimise risk and maximise efficiency whilst ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines.
- Liaise with internal departments ensuring requests for information and guidance are handled effectively.
- Gathering information from clients to assess their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Foreseeing clients' insurance needs such as policy renewals.
- Renewing or amending existing policies.
- Collecting premiums and processing accounts.
- Advising clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures to commercial properties.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into in-house systems for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments and new reserve requirements.
- Marketing and acquiring new clients against competitors.
- Organise and host presentations and customer visits.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in insurance, business or related field preferred
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of the insurance market (property insurance knowledge/experience preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to work to deadlines
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Business networking skills and presentation skills