This is an opportunity to join a city-based bank, offering good opportunities for progression. In this role you would be responsible for administering the delivery of all functions within the Trade Services Department.
- Processing of daily workload which includes letters of credit, documentary collections and guarantees, both import and export and financing including negotiations, discounts, loans and risk sale and purchase.
- Assist in handling ancillary tasks including: post, courier, filing, SWIFT messages, archiving, and other daily processes.
- To assist with customer queries.
- Preparing and providing information requested for monthly, quarterly and half yearly statistics for the department and Head Office.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within time frame and within rules and regulations, e.g. UCP, ISBP and URDG
- Provide assistance and advice to customers in relation to trade services products and assist our home and overseas branches and other banks with any queries when required.
- Keep customer/bank master files up to date Knowledge:
Experience within a trade finance environment.
Experience within Financial Services industry
Proven track record in similar department/business stream
Good working knowledge of trade finance products
Strong academic background with a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Mathematics and English
Basic MS excel and word skills