Assistant Company Secretary
We are proud to support our amazing client in their search for an Assistant Company Secretary to work part-time around 15 hours per week, based in the City.
The role is working in an outstanding trading company who have a wonderful culture and are collaborative and supportive with a superb reputation.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working part-time in a fast paced, respectful environment and is very happy to commit to around 15 hours a week, with 5 of those being on a Tuesday in the office and the rest remotely from home on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. (Other working patterns will be considered).
The Company Secretarial Department is manned by two part-time employees who have their own areas of responsibility but who also cover for each other ensuring constant manning of this critical group function. The Company Secretarial Department is a group-wide function which looks after the Group's UK companies, overseas companies etc.
We are looking for a candidate who is experienced within the Co Sec function and has a great attitude.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities of the role:
* Full secretarial function for UK and some overseas subsidiary companies
* Corporate governance matters, delegated authority compliance,
Companies Act compliance and compliance with the Group's financing obligations.
* Regulatory filings and returns, e.g. Annual returns / Annual Accounts / Directors appointment and resignations / maintenance of Registered office address etc.
* Management of all KYC processes, mainly for our financing banks but also for other counterparties
* Management of Account Opening and Account Closing Packs for Bank Accounts and Finance Facilities
* Working with Group Legal to achieve CPs to transactions and finance facilities as well as looking after UK security registration and retirement.
* Drafting resolutions and board meeting minutes to approve transactions and execute Docs;
* Management of Group Charges Register, Group Share Cert Register, and similar.
* Looking after Group Trademarks and management of IP infringements complaints * Maintain statutory records for group companies. * Assistance in the group structure including maintenance of the group structure chart.
* Assist in preparation of statutory accounts, including liaising with Auditors, finance and directors; * Cover for the CoSec Manager in relation to Group Insurances, full secretarial functions for some overseas subsidiary boards, liaison with overseas subsidiary secretariat functions to ensure multi-jurisdictional compliance, UBO filings, claims management, company closures and liquidations, Group Property Leases, Powers of Attorney, etc.
* Ad hoc administrative work including keeping software constantly up to date, and compliance with Companies Act and internal policies * Working with other central departments including Legal, Accounts, Risk Management.
Knowledge, qualifications and skills required
- Either: ICSA qualified / part-qualified; OR: good CoSec experience
- Experience in a large UK private company
- Experience in a similar role, (preferably with multi-jurisdictional experience)
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and thorough
- Excellent organisational skills; an ability to prioritise
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Computer literate
- Capacity to see the business rationale and bigger picture
- Be a great team player