A leading fashion brand requires and experienced Assistant Buyer or very experienced BAA to support their Knitwear and Swimwear team on a temporary basis until October
- Communicate and build relationships with best in class supply base.
- Support BAA in communicating approvals/rejections to suppliers.
- Support the management of suppliers to be able to buy and manufacture what we need, helping to reduce terminal stock.
- Support the negotiation of all prices to deliver value and profit.
- Ensure the smooth running of the critical path and all functions working seamlessly together
- Ensure development to our suppliers is timely and accurate
- Raise orders, fit, seal and deliver on time so that we can capitalise on weekly newness
- Support BAA in managing department CP closely and accurately. Be accountable for delays that are within our control.
- Mitigate potential delivery delays and risk to sales and margin in partnership with cross functional teams
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a Buying role is essential, ideally as an Assistant Buyer
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to think on feet and make quick decisions
- Experience within Knitwear and /or Swimwear would be ideal but not essential
- Experience of PLM would be desirable
If you possess the relevant skills and experience and are available immediately, please submit your CV today