- Provide advice to staff on compliance issues which arise on a day to day basis.
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in carrying out compliance monitoring programme and report results of testing and details of any other significant compliance issues which emerge.
- Assist in maintaining logs of breaches and complaints and investigate them as required, reporting to the FCA and liaising with the Financial Service Ombudsman.
- Assist in the completion and submission of regulatory returns in accordance with the specified timescales for so doing.
- Check Compliance with the Bank's AML due diligence procedures for account opening and periodic reviews.
- Perform effective monitoring of transactions to highlight those requiring investigation and escalation in accordance with the Bank's procedure.
- With the MLRO, receive and investigate fully reports from staff concerning money laundering suspicions and actual or attempted fraud.
- With the MLRO, prepare disclosure reports to NCA, as and when required.
- Assist with responses to requests for documentation and other requirements contained in court orders.
- Assist with the completion of periodic compliance checks.
- Completion of due diligence reviews of new prospective customers and periodic reviews of existing customers promptly.
- Completion of daily transaction monitoring reviews with the appropriate queries (including OFAC screening exceptions) and regular follow-up of outstanding queries.
- Review and update as necessary the Bank's Policy, as allocated
- Assist in the development of the annual Compliance Plan.
- Assist in completion of relevant sections of quarterly Compliance Reports
- Assist in the update of the Bank's Risk-Based Approach to AML Policy
- Investigate and prepare disclosure reports to the NCA promptly when required to do so.
- Ideally educated to degree level
▪ Experience of compliance position(s) financial services/banking environment.
▪ Technical ability and knowledge of relevant legislation and the FCA regulatory environment.
▪ Experience of the application of AML regulations to customer on-boarding, periodic reviews and across different banking products.
▪ Report writing skills.
▪ Articulate with good written and oral communication skills.
▪ Ability to work to strict deadlines
▪ Good analytical skills, with a thorough and logical approach. Good eye for detail, yet able to take a broad view.
▪ Intelligent with an ability to apply concepts to different situations.
This will be a FTC/temp role renewed on a rolling 3- monthly basis.