An International Bank is seeking an experienced Payments professional to join their London-based team on a temporary basis. Requires previous experience at a corporate/commercial bank in an Operational capacity, for instance Treasury Ops, Payments Investations etc.
This is a long-term temporary opportunity for immediate start and with strong possibility of extension.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Good understanding and experience of processing SWIFT and other payment messages is required in JGPS Montran, as payments investigations will be a key feature of the role.
- Plays a key role to ensure BAU and other daily team tasks are completed accurately, on time and to the expected standards in accordance with operational procedures. Escalates issues and challenges, reports routinely and updates management promptly.
- Proactively reviews and maintains procedures relating to day to day processes. Makes regular suggestions to improve and enhance operational process flows.
- Makes suggestions based on analysis and evidence and explores ways to improve efficiency within the remit of their role
- Daily processing /accurate manual repair of payments outside of STP processing.
- Assist with the creation of test plans and test scripts, and perform UAT testing working closely with line manager to ensure the accurate and timely completion of UAT. Ensure that issues and challenges are escalated to management in the form of regular updates.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong knowledge of Corporate and commercial payments, CHAPS, BACS, SWIFT, SEPA DD and SEPA CT, Target and all local ACH systems.
- Strong knowledge of payment related investigations, ability to think outside the box and apply risk based logic to situations as they arise in order to achieve timely resolution.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deal effectively at all levels
- Self motivated, energetic, flexible and collaborative
- Experience of 'User Acceptance Testing' (UAT).
This is an immediate vacancy, so interested parties please get in touch ASAP.